Saturday, December 19, 2009

My thoughts...

So, I am sure that many of you already have heard of this blog, nieniedialoges.blogspot.com, but I have been so amazed by it! NieNie was recently featured in an article in the Arizona Republic. As I was reading it I was so inspired! Also as I was reading it I had some thoughts on being a mother.

No I am not pregnant, and just to answer the question, it is not going to be for a while. I hope that this is not too much information, but it is just not the right time for Scott and I. Both of us want to be parents, but if I know one thing about my life. The Lord's timing and my wants are never in sync. But another thing that I know are the things that I wait for mean so much more to me when they actually come. For example, when I first meet Scott I wanted to marry him right then and there. But the Lord needed him to go out on a mission and teach the people of Brazil. I also needed to have my own spiritual growth and when Scott did get home, the love that we had was so much more intense and we were so much more ready to take the marriage step. When we were moving up here to Provo, I wanted, and tried very hard mind you, to get a job starting in February but it was not until May and a huge leap of faith on our part that the Lord blessed me with my AMAZING job.

I know that the same thing will apply with having children. I want to be a mother so bad, I want to have that responsibility, I want to fell that connection with my own son or daughter. Even though it is not the right time for us to have kids, I know that when the time does come that Scott and I get to be parents, it will mean that much more to us. It will truly be an amazing gift that we will cherish. I know all of you out there are saying that it is not the easiest thing being parents, but can anyone honestly tell me that they wouldn't trade having a child for anything!

I am so grateful though for everything that I have been blessed with. I am so grateful for an amazing husband, who loves me unconditionally and only wants what is best for me and is willing to sacrifice so that I am happy! I am grateful for all of my family. I am grateful for wonderful inlaws that are more like my own family than "inlaws". I am grateful for my job and for all of the blessings that I get from it. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and comfort I get from that knowledge. But mostly I am grateful for a Heavenly father who loves me, and knows what is best for me and for a Savior that has felt what I have felt and is there for me no matter what.

I hope that this post wasn't too much rambling from me. I don't know how many people will read this, but I do know that I feel better saying it.


2 comments:

Shanny said...

A) I love NieNie. She is such an inspiration.

B) Well said. Very well said. You will appreciate everything that much more. Even on hard days, (when Dad comes home to everyone crying) I say to myself, "Hey, I wanted this for how long? Toughen up! Find a way to enjoy this blessing!" Because parenting really is a blessing.

Russell, Tiffany, Emily, Colby, Logan, and Charlotte said...

I also want to say well said. I would not trade being a parent for anything. It is worth the wait and you will be a great mother!