Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Brother is a Doctor!!!

This last weekend my mom, dad and sister and I all went up to Salem, OR to see my brother graduate from law school. It was a super fun weekend! It was just too bad that Scott was not able to be there with us!

We flew up early Friday morning, Kelly from Phoenix, my parents from Las Vegas and me from Salt Lake. We all had to get up really early, but it wasn't too bad! We flew into Portland and then rented a car and drove down to Salem which is about an hour south of Portland. It was so pretty! It even smelled good! Once we got to Salem, we checked into the hotel and Mike and my dad went to play tennis while mom, kelly and I went shopping!

One of the greatest things about Oregon is that there is NO SALES TAX!!! It was awesome!!!

That night we went to a restaurant called Chirstos that was the best pizza and italian food that I have ever had in my entire life!!! I am a huge advocate of eating at local joints when you go on vacation because you are bound to find good eats!

The next morning we got up and went to the coast. I never had been to the Oregon coast, and again it was beautiful!!! We stopped at more outlets, I know shocker...the Sperry women like to shop?

We then went on to Depoe Bay and went to a little place called the Sea Hag. I am not a big fan of seafood, but I am warming up to it! We had the best clam chowder, and as you can see we polished it off in about 15 seconds!!!



We also had some halibut fish and chips that were to die for, a crab and shrimp salad, and this thing that is a special at the Sea Hag that was an english muffin with shrimp and crab in a white sauce...it was again, delicious!!!



I was then dared by everyone to go into the water and if I could last then they would pay me $20.00, but I didn't make it. The sand was super course and hurt my feet. Here is a little video of me freaking out!


That night we went to a barbeque celebrating Mike and all of his roommates. They had delicious burgers, and desserts, and fresh crab meat again! It was quite enjoyable spending some time with Mike, Kelly, and my parents.

The next morning we went to church which was wonderful to go to a place that is the same everywhere we go! Then we went to graduation. It was very interesting. The main speaker was not the best I have ever heard, and the chairs were small, but I am glad that we got to be there to scream Mike's name when he walked on the stage!



We just spent the rest of the time hanging out with Mike and talking about life. I really miss Mike, we were super close growing up and he means alot to me...it is safe to say that I love him!



I can wait for a time when all of us can get together again, family really does mean the world to me! So for all of you family reading this...know that Scott and I love you all!!!!


2 comments:

Anne said...

What a fun trip and congrats to Mike- what a huge accomplishment!

Brett and Lauren said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe that he is already done! Maybe I'm just jealous :)